Monday, April 16, 2012

BEFORE AND AFTER....THE REST OF THE ROOM

BEFORE AND AFTER....THE REST OF THE ROOM

Hello lovers and thanks so so much for your great comments on this makeover! Everyone zeroed in on that floral fabric and I have to tell you it almost got me in trouble!


I went against ALL of my instincts and delivered the pillows before Christmas. She had been so patient with me [one of the fabrics was back-ordered] and I just wanted to give her something.


I was feeling anxious.


See how easily I can fold.


Then I got an email about the floral and how pastel it looked and her husband was feeling a little nervous. Yikes...that will teach me.


But she said she trusted my vision and they would nervously await the install. I mean who has patience anymore? I struck "client gold".....


Whew I thought..... better get on it or I might have some floral pillows of my own......not that there is anything wrong with that right?


Lets get down to business.....the rest of the room.


Before



Things I wanted to change....."leg city" near the chair, a larger lamp to fill some space, some color and pattern in the pillows and balance for the window seat area.....you'll see.



I added the West Elm lamp and a wood table from World Market. It helped warm up the corner. She had the chair [HomeGoods!]. I also lowered the window shades a hair.



My favorite plant from Ikea.....you can not kill that sucker.


Some other shots...



Now you are getting a glimpse of how I changed the window seat area....



There were a lot of horizontal lines here with the window shades, mantel and large round bolster.



I split up the mirrored art and suggested adding a library sconce above [Ballard Designs]. I also brought in more pillows and leaned the birch logs.



I wanted to use the floral next to the stone fireplace for some softness.


Before




I repurposed the small table for a place to set a drink or book and used the other picture with another sconce.


Before







I have another area that I can save for Wednesday! Part three....don't hate.

In other news.....I got Step one done....Christmas decor all down. Step 2 was haul it up to the attic. Yesterday I accomplished Step 3 and that was to clean the whole house....you know REALLY CLEAN. Now I am stuck at Step 4 which is to re-style those areas.

I could actually be stuck with that task ahead of me until spring.

Shacrastinator


Original article and pictures take designindulgence.blogspot.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment