Friday, June 13, 2014

How to Lighten Up Your Bedroom for Warmer Weather

How to Lighten Up Your Bedroom for Warmer Weather

The sun is shining, and the temperatures are warming up! It’s the perfect time to lighten up your bedroom with new bedding and accessories.


Master Bedroom

I’ve always loved white bedding in my room, it just feels so clean, cozy and crisp! I’m also really loving soft pinks and blushes. For the past few months my bed had been sporting darker bedding which I loved, but I was starting to crave having white bedding back again! So, here you’ll see how I brought in some new bedding and a couple accent colors to recreate the look in my room.


My roses are blooming like crazy in the backyard, and I just love snipping them and putting these beauties all around the house. They’re also the perfect addition to my current pinky blush obsession going on in the bedroom!


Pink Roses

Roses and Romance

My desk needed a few romantic updates, so I added this hyacinth and cherry blossom candle, a new frame, and this sweet little pitcher, that I’m using as a vase, all from HomeGoods.


White Desk

Rather than having a nightstand at my bedside, I’ve added a feminine desk area. I’ve kept my accessories and chair very airy and light as well, and I love how it makes the space feel.


Pink and Blush

I found a lovely new white comforter/pillow/sham set at HomeGoods. I added a mix of pink and blush in the pillows and a throw. I bought a blank canvas, and painted a simple picture for a whimsical, light hearted feel.


Pink Pillows

I also brought this fun little bench into the room. It was a free find from a few years ago that I painted gold and reupholstered in a velvety pale pink. A fun, inexpensive personalization!


Blush Heels and Purse

As you can see, I’m not only decorating in these colors, but I’m wearing them too! I tend to fall for a color, and carry it over into my wardrobe too!


Spring Master Bedroom

A view from the mirror. The chandelier is from Lamps Plus, and the black bedroom furniture is from a local furniture store, but I’ve linked a few similar options here. I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing how I’ve added a touch of sweet Spring to my bedroom. Now, I hope you’ll head over and see the gorgeous homes of my friends here:


Original article and pictures take www.crazychicdesign.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment