Friday, August 7, 2015

Our New Outdoor Porch Swing

Our New Outdoor Porch Swing

Disclaimer: This is a sponsored blog post. Everything I write and post is 100% my opinion. If I don’t love it, I don’t post it. Simple as that!


As you may remember from my mid-October post, we recently installed a stunning new vintage porch swing on our back porch from Vintage Porch Swings in Charleston, S.C. You can re-visit that post and see the installation process HERE. So over the last couple of weeks, during the maybe two days of sunshine that we have gotten (insert gritted teeth emoji), I have been completely re-vamping and re-decorating our porch. As I mentioned in my previous post, although I loved our porch before, it was more a compilation of everything from our previous home and previous pool deck area. It wasn’t the Southern chic, color pop, Addison’s Wonderland style space I have envisioned.


So after almost two years of trying to decide how to create our dream porch, along came Vintage Porch Swings. This family owned company out of Charleston, S.C. carries every porch swing design that you can imagine. I instantly fell in love with the vision of the company and the many styles that they have to offer. Another thing that I adore is the fact that every swing is named after one of their seven children. Yes, I said seven. I think I need a nap just after typing that! Along with their amazing designs, I can also vouch for their incredible customer service, high quality products and excellent craftsmanship. After Mark started unpacking and assembling the swing, he went on and on about how nicely it was made and the excellent quality of the wood. After pondering over their many styles, I decided on the Noah Porch Swing. I love the traditional style and the barnwood finish. It’s the perfect fit for our traditional home.


So here’s our porch “before” my AW re-vamp (post remodel which you can read more about HERE)…


Back Porch 3L

Back Porch 4L

THE PROCESS


Once the swing installation was complete and it looked more like this… (aren’t my people so dang cute?!?)


Vintage Porch Swing 14

… I started working on the color scheme. First, I found and fell madly in love with these chairs…


Pari Rattan Chair

Can you guess which color I chose? I guess you’ll have to keep on scrolling to see! If you are an avid AW reader, I think you might have a good iea ;-).


From there, I found these three gorgeous outdoor fabrics for the mattress cover, side bolsters and throw pillows…


FullSizeRender (9)

From left to right: Tommy Bahama Medallion / Premier Prints Manchester / Premier Prints Heni


From there, I loaded up at Anthropologie and HomeGoods to complete the rest and we are IN LOVE with our new space! We honestly didn’t really use this space too much before. We would eat dinner out here from time to time when the weather was nice but the living space wasn’t super cozy to really hang out for long periods of time. Now, Mark and I watch our evening shows out here as much as possible! The subtle swinging motion when you first sit or lay down is hypnotizing. I can’t WAIT to hang this in our new home. I already found the perfect spot!


Vintage Porch Swings 1L

Vintage Porch Swings 2L

Vintage Porch Swings 3L

Vintage Porch Swings 4L

Vintage Porch Swings 5L

Vintage Porch Swings 6L

Vintage Porch Swings 7L

Vintage Porch Swings 8L

Vintage Porch Swings 9L

Vintage Porch Swings 10L

Vintage Porch Swings 11L

Vintage Porch Swings 12L

Vintage Porch Swings 13L

Vintage Porch Swings 14L

Vintage Porch Swings 15L

Vintage Porch Swings 16L

Vintage Porch Swings 17L

Vintage Porch Swings 18L

Vintage Porch Swings 19L

Girl’s Outfits: Swanky Baby Vintage


SOURCE LIST


Hanging Porch Swing- Vintage Porch Swings


Siding Color- Gray Huskie by Benjamin Moore


Trim Color- White Dove by Benjamin Moore


Quartzite Custom Table- APF, Inc.


Outdoor Mattress Cushion Fabric- Tommy Bahama Medallion


Outdoor Bolster Fabric- Premier Prints Manchester


Outdoor Throw Pillow Fabric- Premier Prints Heni


Rug, Side Tables, Yellow Pillow and Decor- HomeGoods


Polka Dot Pillows (not outdoor pillows)


Blue/Red Pillows (not outdoor pillows)


“H” Monogram- The Woodshop of Alabama


XOXO, Brittany Hayes


Original article and pictures take addisonswonderland.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment