Thursday, July 20, 2017

Updates in my Home Office

Updates in my Home Office
office-update-header-spring

I have been making some updates in my Home Office, seems like it’s one of those rooms that I just can’t leave well enough alone. I spend a LOT of time in here, working, blogging etc. so it is one of those spaces that I continue to personalize.


desk-office-window-update

I made this room completely over last Fall during the One Room Challenge. You can read all about how I did it HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE. I was previously using a table as a desk, the amount of workspace was great but it was so large I had to face it away from the windows to fit it correctly in the room. We have a pretty nice view outside, so rather than stare into our master bedroom {and stare at things like piles of laundry!}, I had been searching for a smaller desk that I could reconfigure to face the console and still see outside the windows.


Here is what I was using in the space previously:


new-desk-close1

And here it is now with my new desk:


office-wideview-spring-update

I found this white parsons-style desk a few weeks ago at HomeGoods, and totally snatched it up. It has a few chips on the drawers, so I was able to get it for a great price–I still need to touch those up with a bit of white paint, so not a big deal–but it was exactly what I was looking for.


It has a huge advantage over the table I was using, as you can see below it actually has DRAWERS to store things!


new-desk-drawer-office-spring

And, this is the best part–can you believe the drawers already have black greek-key lining inside? Perfection! I had forgotten what it was like to have hidden space to store all sorts of desk-type things {like the Kate Spade stationery Christy brought me at her last visit, perfect for a quick note or two}, pens and other desk essentials all right on hand.


Since I am pretty crazy about the console I found last year at an auction, and I also added some new spring decor to the top of it, facing the desk in this direction was a nice visual change.


ikea-print-spring-update-console

I found this pink floral print at my last trip to IKEA, it just seemed so spring-like and I thought the pink was fun. It was $3? I think, and while there I also grabbed the frame to finish it off. A quick coat of Rust-Oleum gold spray paint made the frame look more custom, all for less than $20, and it brightens the whole space. The view from my desk is pretty enjoyable now.


office-new

view-from-desk-office-update

close-up-vase-office-spring

I found these navy trellis panels during the ORC at Wayfair and I love them. They are extra thick and nicely lined. I am not sure if they have these exacts ones anymore, unfortunately, but they have others that are similar.


desk-window-office-update

This is the chair that matches my new fun console lamps {same fabric} with yet another HomeGoods pillow {#abitobsessed}.


console-print-update-office

Seems like even my accessories have jumped on the gold train, my Day Designer and my phone case coordinate, but they are probably the two most hard-working tools in this space so I suppose it’s a good thing they fit in so nicely.


desktop-office-new-spring

I am still working through a total ‘inside the console’ organization. It is nice to have so much hidden space but I still want it to be functional, it’s overdue for a bit of cleaning up so soon I’ll have the inside of that to show off as well. It is pretty cool inside, with drawers and shelves etc., they are perfect to hold my ever-growing collection of paper and office supplies.


So that is my office–for now. It is a space that I seem to never be satisfied with so we’ll see where this space evolves to next!


You can see my office that was scouted by a magazine HERE {but we moved, Boo!}


And my office in our last home that was featured in Working Mother magazine HERE {Yay!}


For now, I think this space is good. After all, I have PLENTY to do in my kitchen!


SOURCES:


White curtains–IKEA, Hobby Lobby Trim


Black & White Chair–makeover here, pillow here


Fabric on white cane chair–Ballard Designs “Dobie”


Console–Estate Sale


Shelves–IKEA


Desk lamp–Homegoods


As always, thanks so much for stopping by!


AB New Headshot Small Blog

Original article and pictures take www.11magnolialane.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment