Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Back Porch Livin’

Back Porch Livin’

Last week I shared the majority of our exterior renovations for our Big Canoe cabin. I can’t say that it was absolutely THE most exciting and innovative reno but in a super strict neighborhood, that’s about as good as it gets. I mean you aren’t even allowed to plant whatever you want. The “approved” plant list is also a part of their mile long covenants. As much I complain, I am thankful that they’ve upheld such high standards for the community. It’s clear when you drive through the neighborhood that they’ve created a “feel”. That “feel” is what has sucked us in. Bigtime.


Late last month my girls and I headed up there for thirteen days to check in on our flip, clean up and finish our cabin, and do some magazine/blog photography. Okay… I made three amazing sounding excuses to vacation there for as long as humanely possible. Although we did cross some of that off our list, we did a whole lot of playing and relaxing. I honestly thought I would be beyond ready to come home after that long but instead I kept making every mental excuse and justification on why I need to move into Big Canoe full time. Hmmm… now to convince the hubby.


Before


BC Exterior Before 4

BC Exterior Before 5

BC Exterior Before 6

Selections


Pepperwood

Siding, Deck & Trim: Cabot Pepperwood Solid Stain



Doors: Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black


On our second day there, I set up a cute little snack picnic on the back porch with my two girls and one of Addison’s friends who spent the day with us. Although I knew they would enjoy it, I have to admit that I did it just as much for a cute social media picture as anything. Shameless honesty right there. HOWEVER, it didn’t appear that way to my little’s because they requested another. Addie said she wanted to wear her fancy dress and help me get it all set up. Cha ching! That sounds like a photography session and blog post to me! We added some HomeGoods touches and they had a blast! Apparently the neighborhood turkeys got word of the festivities because they trotted through our backyard and the girls got a kick out of that! Do turkeys trot? It sounded right when I said it… Anyways, here’s the rest of our exterior reveal as well as our girlie little picnic!


BC Exterior 20L

BC Exterior 21L

BC Exterior 22L

BC Exterior 23L

BC Exterior 24L

BC Exterior 25L

BC Exterior 26L

BC Exterior 27L

BC Exterior 28L

BC Exterior 29L

BC Exterior 30L

BC Exterior 31L

Source List


Quilt- Anthroplogie


Ice Bucket & Throw Blanket- HomeGoods


Ottoman- One Kings Lane


XOXO, Brittany Hayes


Original article and pictures take addisonswonderland.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment