Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Open House ~ Home Tour at Christy’s

Open House ~ Home Tour at Christy’s
christy home tour

I’ve been wanting to write a new home tour post for awhile now. I haven’t showed you all the rooms in our house in Savannah, but at this point I think I’ve posted enough of them that a home tour makes sense. As I continue to post, I’ll just add to what I’ve written here so you can see our house in one place.


Of course, while you’re here you might want to take a look at the home tour of our Nashville house {here} and our North Carolina house {here}.


We’re living in military housing for the first time in our eighteen years of marriage (and Army life). It’s a lot like living in any rental house in that any changes we make have to be un-changed before we move. You can read my tips on decorating a rental {here} if you’re in the same boat!


Without further ado, here’s our Georgia house. I’ll link the relevant post below each picture in case you want to see more photos.


I always decorate our porch for the holidays, although my polka dot cushions are a staple throughout the year:


Front porch with black, white, and pink

See more of the front porch {here}.


On the back porch, I created a “faux” screened porch to keep some of our insanely large Savannah bugs away.


back porch sheer curtains

Read about that process {here}, or see the back porch decorated for Fall {here}. Harley is always photo-bombing my shots, but I left him in this one because he color coordinates so nicely!


dog on back porch

When you walk in our front door, you’re in the dining room with a small foyer/entry area. I wrote about creating an organized front entryway {here}.


front-hall-long

If you look in the mirror, you can see the original (and quite hideous) fluorescent light fixture that hung in the dining room:


Front hall entryway decor

I changed that chandelier out within the first month with one of my own, and it makes a HUGE difference:


dining-room-to-hall

Of course, the front hall had to get a new look when a friend gave me a beautiful vintage gold mirror for my birthday. This is how it looks now {and more photos are here}:


table-right1

The post I wrote on our grey and white dining room is {here}.


dining-room-to-kitchen

painted-chair-after-long-001

Pillow & frame: HomeGoods | Chair: Vintage | Curtains: Target


The door that you see in our dining room with the grapevine wreath on it goes to our laundry room. I try to keep that door shut most of the time because you can see straight into our laundry room from the front door (!), but since I sometimes forget, I did take the time to decorate our laundry room {here}. My theory on laundry rooms is that I spend quite a bit of time in there, so at least they should be pretty! I didn’t bother to take the fluorescent light fixture down in here and replace it with a chandelier–YET!


laundry-room-sink-after

I just recently finished our living rom {read about it here} and am really pleased with how it turned out.


Eclectic and colorful living room | 11 Magnolia Lane

The built-ins are really inexpensive IKEA pieces that we trimmed to look like custom furniture. {The tutorial on that is here} I refuse to buy any more expensive pieces until we’re done moving!


Eclectic and colorful living room | 11 Magnolia Lane

Eclectic and colorful living room decor | 11 Magnolia Lane

Eclectic and colorful living room | 11 Magnolia Lane

I haven’t really written a post on our kitchen yet, mostly because the low-quality, dark cabinets make me sad and I’m not allowed to paint them, but I did write about the burlap window valances I made {here} and our organized computer armoire {here}, and you can see pictures of the kitchen in both of those posts.


DIY-burlap-valances

computer-armoire-right-side

Our master bedroom is downstairs, and I posted on that a few weeks ago when I painted our bed white {here}:


master bedroom white gray

Master bedroom in grey and whites | 11 Magnolia Lane

And you can see our master bathroom {here} and {here}.


Spa-like bathroom in aqua and grey | 11 Magnolia Lane

Spa-like bathroom in aqua and grey | 11 Magnolia Lane

Our downstairs powder room is decorated in gray and white (as is most of the rest of the house!) and I wrote a post about it {here} that includes lots of tips on decorating a bathroom in a rental.


powder room gray white

My son’s room was finally updated from a little boy space to a teenager hangout. Read that post {here}.


teen-boy-nightstand

My daughter’s room was posted last week {here}.


serena & lily annabel duvet cover

aqua white love seat

And I showed you her bathroom last summer {here}:


coral-aqua-shower-curtain

Phew! That’s all of it (so far). I guess it must be time to move again since I’ve almost finished decorating!


PS If you like holiday home tours, then {here} is our house decorated for Christmas {and the 2014 tours are here and here}.


Thanks for stopping by–


Final New Christy headshot 2015

Original article and pictures take www.11magnolialane.com site

No comments:

Post a Comment